New Zealand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs recently presented the Electronic Travel Visa (eTA) to citizens of more than 60 countries. ETA allows travellers to enter the country for transit or tourism purposes and is valid for 2 years. The New Zealand eTA application process is very simple and is done 100% online. Once the application is completed and accepted, the applicant will receive an electronic visa waiver that must be shown to immigration officers upon arrival.
Yes, it’s that simple. The e-Visa system is an online method for applying for visas anywhere in the world. Some advantages of this system for tourists are that visas can be applied for quickly over the Internet at any time, from any location and that payment is made online upon registration.
Documents required for the process
- Current passport valid for at least 6 months upon arrival
- Arrival and departure dates
- Credit / Debit Card or PayPal Account
- It started from October 1, 2019, tourists are now able to apply for a New Zealand Electronic Travel Visa.
- Travellers must have their passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival and have at least 1 page available to stamp.
- The Tourist eTA Visa allows applicants to apply for multiple New Zealand applications from the date the visa started. All tourists who have tourist eTAs can stay in the country for up to 90 days.
- All air tourists from the 60 countries could previously enter the country with a visa waiver, and all cruise travellers will need to apply for a Tourist ETA before traveling to New Zealand.
- The New Zealand tourist visa eTA does not offer the automatic right of entry for the holder. The Immigration Officer at the port may refuse entry to anyone if he / she considers that such person does not comply with immigration requirements or that his or her presence in New Zealand is contrary to national interests or security.
Anyone wanting to travel to New Zealand after 1 October 2019, is required to hold the Electronic Travel Authority, or he/she will not be permitted to board their flight or cruise without it. So, If you are e a residence f UK and want to visit New Zealand, you can simply apply E- visa in 3 simple steps – apply online> submit your payment>and get your e visa. Apply for your NZETA today.